- Within a complex global macroeconomic scenario, marked not only by war but also by the climate crisis, the 2022 results confirm the value and resilience of Italmobiliare's diversified portfolio of Italian industrial excellence. The Net Asset Value, excluding treasury shares, is equal to 2,029.1 million euro; considering the distribution of 59.2 million euro of dividends during the year shows a positive net performance of 6.2 million euro (at December 31, 2021 the Net Asset Value was equal to 2,082.1 million euro). NAV per share comes to 48 euro.
- The positive trend in NAV is driven by the increase in value of the portfolio companies (+56.7 million on a like-for-like basis), with growing aggregate revenue and substantially stable EBITDA. Further positive signals come from analysing the trend in the fourth quarter of the year alone, which sees revenue and EBITDA growing compared with the same period of 2021.
- With the aim of following up on the important results already achieved in recent years in the ESG area by the Holding Company and by the Portfolio Companies, by virtue of which Italmobiliare ranks at the top among the comparables in the main ESG Ratings worldwide, the Board has approved Italmobiliare's participation in the Science Based Targets initiative, which commits to setting and pursuing short and long-term emission reduction objectives in line with the net-zero scenario.
- During the year, net new investments were made for approximately 99 million, mainly the acquisition of SIDI Sport, an iconic brand known internationally, and a stake in Bene Assicurazioni, an innovative company capable of intercepting the transformations taking place in the insurance industry.
- In 2022 Italmobiliare S.p.A. recorded revenue and income of 137.0 million euro (110.8 million euro at December 31, 2021), an EBITDA of 70.3 million (76.2 million in 2021) and a profit of 33.5 million (53.1 in 2021).
- The Board of Directors will propose to the next Shareholders' Meeting the distribution of a dividend of 0.70 euro per share, for a total of 29,598,051 euro, to be taken out of the profit for the year.
Milan, March 8, 2023 – Today the Board of Directors of Italmobiliare S.p.A. reviewed and approved the consolidated financial statements and the draft separate financial statements of the Company at December 31, 2022. The Board of Directors will propose to the next Shareholders' Meeting the distribution of a dividend of 0.70 euro per share, for a total of 29,598,051 euro, to be taken out of the profit for the year, which amounts to 33.5 million.
In 2022, Italmobiliare's Portfolio Companies had aggregate revenue of 2,090.4 million euro, an increase of 18% compared with 2021. The aggregate EBITDA was 268.3 million, down due to the pressure on margins linked to the rise in the cost of raw materials and a number of contingent factors. In particular, Italgen's production was affected by the ongoing drought, while AGN Energia's results compare with a 2021 that featured the positive impact of hedging LPG purchases during the lock-down. The negative performance during the year of SIDI also weighs on the overall results, though it only became a Portfolio Company on October 25, 2022. If we eliminate these three factors, EBITDA remained substantially stable (+1.4% compared with the previous year), confirming yet again the resilience of the Holding Company's portfolio.
Excluding treasury shares, the Net Asset Value of Italmobiliare comes to 2,029.1 million euro (2,082.1 million euro at December 31, 2021. Considering the distribution of 59.2 million euro of dividends during the year, the net performance is positive for 6.2 million euro.
Italmobiliare S.p.A. has closed its 2022 financial statements with a profit of 33.5 million euro (53.1 million in 2021). The pre-tax result amounts to 21.4 million (74.9 in 2021).
"The 2022 results confirm the value of our diversified portfolio of Italian industrial excellence – commented Carlo Pesenti, Chief Executive Officer of Italmobiliare – even in a complex global macroeconomic scenario, conditioned by the rise in energy costs following the war in Ukraine and the increase in raw material costs. The positive net performance of the NAV, considering the distribution of dividends during the year, together with the growth in aggregate revenue and substantial stability of the Portfolio Companies' EBITDA confirm both the validity of investment choices and the management skills of the Holding and of the companies themselves, which have been able to react pro-actively to the difficulties. During the year, investments were also made in Bene Assicurazioni, an innovative company able to intercept the transformations underway in the insurance sector, and SIDI Sport, an iconic brand known all over the world. Going forward, we aim to focus more and more on developing this core portfolio of shareholdings."
“The uncertainties of the traditional economy, the climate challenge, social inequalities and the imbalance in the distribution of wealth confirm how sustainability is a real urgency and no longer just an option – underlines the Chairman Laura Zanetti. For some time, Italmobiliare has chosen sustainability as a lever for success, integrating ESG policies into its business strategy, through an accurate assessment of the profile of potential investments, active ownership in the management phase, transparency and performance reporting in all the management phases up to disinvestment, which is also designed to continue the path undertaken up to that point. Faced with what are by now the tangible effects of climate change, the Holding and Portfolio Companies have responded by reducing direct CO2 emissions by 35% compared with 2020 and eliminating indirect ones by using only renewable electricity. Furthermore, just today the Board of Directors approved Italmobiliare's adhesion to the Science Based Targets initiative, which commits to setting and pursuing short and long-term emission reduction objectives in line with the net-zero scenario. It is no coincidence that Italmobiliare ranks at the top of the comparables in the main ESG Ratings worldwide.”